Kid still continues to grow - and although it does have a slightly slower pace than in previous months, the rate of growth and development are still very high. By the end of the fourth month of life weight increased by an average of 750 -800 g, the range is head over to 1-1.5 centimeters and breast - 1.5-2 cm.
Linear growth of the child is growing by an average of 2.5 centimeters. Tirelessly developing analytical centers of the brain and the entire nervous system as a whole - in order to verify the validity of this assertion, it is enough to compare the skills of four baby with those peculiar to children in the third month of life.
To the end of 4 months:
the middleweight of baby – 6550-6900 g, stature – 63-64 cm;
• lying on the abdomen, turns on the side;
• when you take the child in your arms, he keeps the head well;
• when he is lying on his back, sometimes raises the head and make the attempts to sit up without assistance;
• lying on the abdomen, rests by the hands against the mattress and raises the body slightly, is very interested in everything that is happening around, looks around, returns smile for smile, determines where is the sound source and tries to turn to it.
• babbles, smiles;
• is very interested in toys, expresses joy when gets a new toy;
• if in the next room the music starts to play, the child stands motionless and listens with curiosity.